Oops… I did it again!
The Super Foods and benefits are: Red Algae for a luminous glow, Charcoal to clear pores, Coconut to moisturize, Honey to hydrate, Pomegranate to clarify, Maracuja to brighten, Sake to cleanse, and Yogourt to soothe.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist – $24 value – I have oily skin so sometimes the words “luminous” and “dewy” can be scary. But I love a good mist! I find they are great for under makeup to add a little extra hydration since I have to use powder on top of my foundation (oily skin problems…).
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask – $16.88 value – I’ve always wanted to try this mask! I’ve seen the videos of people removing peel-off masks and it looks painful! But apparently this one isn’t as bad as the ones from the videos. It has a lot of benefits for oily skin too so it’s perfect for my skin type.
- Boscia Sake Cleansing Water – $13.33 value – This looks like a fancier micellar water! It removes makeup and cleanses the face but also brightens and hydrates. I’m excited to give this a go!
- Tarte Maracuja Oil – $8.40 value – I already know I love this! It made my skin feel so hydrated without giving that greasy look to my face. I loved using it under my makeup!
- First Aid Beauty Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer – $8.11 value – I’m glad this box came with this! I had a sample of it already but I’ve misplaced it so I never got to try it. I like to put a bit of primer on when I’m not wearing makeup because it smooths my skin out. This will be a great way of getting that no-pore look that a primer provides!
- Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repairing Mask – $7.33 value – This actually smells like some sort of berry flavoured yogourt! I really love all the Laneige products I’ve tried so I’m hoping to love this one too. This mask is supposed to support natural collagen production for firmer skin and leave it nourished and soothed.
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy Boosting Face Mask – $12 value – I am all about the citrus scents so this mask appeals to me a lot! It has a concentrated blend of 50% crushed citrus fruits and is supposed to give vibrant and radiant skin!
- Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask – $5.77 value – I redeemed points for a sample of this last month! But with these little sizes, having backups is good! This is a hydrating mask which is great for me because I hate that tight feeling my face can get when it’s too dry.
- Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser – $16.50 value – I like the looks of this cleanser. First of all, it smells amazing and citrus-y. Secondly, it exfoliates, refines pores, and helps correct dullness and uneven skin tone. Sounds good to me!
Total Value: $112.32 CAD
I didn’t realize this set included so many masks! Masks are the one skin care item that I don’t go through quite as quickly as cleansers, serums, and moisturizers, for example. But these ones are so itty bitty that I feel like I can use them up pretty quickly.
The value is outstanding! I am getting more than a 50% discount to try some pretty high end skin care. Since I’m usually not willing to shell out $60 for one product I’ve never tried before, this is a good way to find out what I like and for cheaper! I also love that every item in this set will get used by me. 🙂
- Mattifying Primer which helps prevent and heal blemishes while you’re wearing it while also providing a matte base.
- Mattifying Setting Spray which reduces shine, minimizes the look of pores and secures makeup.
- Matte Setting Powder which locks in makeup with a matte finish!
When I saw this set, I knew I had to order it. I had seen Tati review the setting spray on her channel and she loved it. Because I have oily skin, I knew I wanted to try it for myself! Then the primer appealed to me because sometimes I don’t like wearing makeup because of my acne. I feel like it needs time to heal and breathe. But at least with this primer, I can feel a bit better about wearing makeup during breakouts. And lastly, I’ve only ever tried one loose setting powder so I’m more than game to try a new one – especially a mattifying one!
Since I have oily skin, I feel like I’m an excellent candidate to try out these Cover FX products. I might end up doing a full review on this set! Let me know what you think!
I also ordered this Clinique Acne Concern Kit. It cost $15 CAD. I am always in need of acne-fighting products. Ironically, my skin has been pretty darn clear lately! But I’m never fooled because I know that eventually my breakouts will flare up again and I can say bye-bye to nice(ish) skin.
- Acne Solutions Cleansing Gel
- Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
- Cosmetic Bag
As always, what would an online order be without the freebies?! First, I redeemed 100 points for the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum, one of my favourite Vitamin C serums. Since I did these orders separately, I used two different codes to get these deluxe samples of the Herbivore Rose Hibsicus Hydrating Face Mist (which I’ve been dying to try) and the Tata Harper Clarifying Mask (good for acne prone skin).
And lastly, here are my free foil samples. I received 5 free samples and they are: The Lancer Method: Polish, Cleanse & Nourish, Peter Thomas Roth Instant Firmx, Anthony Glycolic Exfoliating & Resurfacing Wipes, Clarins ExtraFirming Day Cream All Skin Types, and Amore Pacific The Essential Creme Fluid. They forgot to include the Boscia Oil-Free Nightly Hydration sample in one of my orders. What do you guys do when they forget a sample? Usually I just let it go but I’m curious if Sephora does anything for us if they forget to include a sample. Let me know!!
So while I’m tempted to make another Sephora order soon (I want to buy the Naked Heat palette really badly), I need to try my best to hold off for at least a month. I did so many orders lately!! It helps that my new Canada Post guy is someone I knew from elementary and high school… it’s so awkward now when I receive my packages and I’m so embarrassed by how much I order that it’s actually helped me cut back. XD
Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their week and this beautiful but brutal heat wave (hey, at least it’s not raining). Much love!