For today’s post, I am travelling back in time! I didn’t post my Sephora haul from June. I had other posts I needed to get up first and then I just never had a free moment to get this one done. So I’m finally getting around to it! I have done 2 orders already this month so stay tuned for those hauls. XD
Sephora Favourites Summer Essentials
Last month, there was another incredible “Sephora Favourites” set released. It sold out fast so I was lucky to get my hands on it! It contains 12 products plus a silicone-like bag all for $33 CAD! Something I actually didn’t notice until looking at the photos is the price on the front says $49! I double checked my invoice and I definitely paid $33!
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray – $19.50 value – My hair responds well to salt sprays because it’s naturally wavy. I just don’t like how my hair feels crunchy and I find they make my hair frizzy (due to the scrunching). I’ve never used a higher end salt spray so hopefully I’ll have better results with this one.
- Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray – $20 value – I was pretty happy to see a travel size of this product included in this set! I’ve had this on my “loves” list for awhile now. I keep hearing great things about it. It’s a leave-in conditioning spray that has many benefits!
- Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream – $10.71 value – We are all in search of the perfect sunscreen, aren’t we? The one that plays nicely with makeup, doesn’t leave white cast, doesn’t clog pores, etc. I hope this one works well!
- Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream – $5.70 value – I have a full size of this but backups are more than welcome! This is an amazing cream! Not only does it smell scrumptious but it absorbs into the skin quickly, doesn’t leave you sticky and best of all, it helps improve the look of cellulite!
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy – $15 value – I am always using lip balms and treatments so I go through them quickly. I’m always game to try new ones, too! I like that it is petroleum free!
- Vita Liberata Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish – $3.55 value – I’m a little scared to try this because I’m petrified of self tanner. I’m so worried I’ll end up a streaky orange mess. But I’m also so curious about them. This one looks good because apparently it is only temporary so it might be a good way to try out self tanner!
- Tarte TarteGuard 30 Sunscreen Lotion – $5.41 value – Another sunscreen because obviously this is a summer favourites set so SPF is a must! This one looks really cool because it is “infused with maracuja, red algae, soybean, apple, and honeysuckle extracts to nourish, tone, and retain moisture while helping to combat signs of aging for a firmer, brighter, smoother appearance.”
- The Estée Edit Pore Vanishing Stick – $19.43 value – I actually bought the full size of this recently! I really like this product. It’s being discontinued or Sephora isn’t going to sell it anymore so the full size is on sale right now. It works great for filling in pores and is very handy for travel!
- Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture – $12.75 value – This is a moisturizer that claims to lock in moisture for up to 8 hours! I like the Murad products I have tried already so I’m looking forward to giving this a try.
- Origins A Perfect World SPF 40 Age-Defense Moisturizer – $16.50 value – My friend uses this moisturizer and she loves it! I’ve also read a few good reviews online so hopefully I can get around to trying this out soon!
- GlamGlow GlowStarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer – $8.26 value – I’m always happy to get GlamGlow products in these sets. This is interesting because it has a shade – “nude glow.” I think it’s like a tinted moisturizer but I’ll have to try it to find out!
- Tarte Brazilliance PLUS+ Self-Tanner – $4.34 value – Another self tanner! Now the only problem with these are the sizes. It’s not like it will be enough to do my entire body. So I may just have to do my legs or something. I’m just not sure if that’s weird. XD
Total Value: $141.15 CAD
I can’t remember what the claimed value was when I bought this because it’s not available on the Sephora website anymore. It does say a $62 value in my photo but then it also says it cost $49 so clearly that is not accurate. XD
I think as long as you will use at least half of the items included, these sets are definitely worth it! For me, the only items I am not 100% sure I’ll use are the self tanners but a big part of me does want to try them.
Another item I ordered is the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment. I bought the small 0.5 oz jar for $24. I figured out you’re only saving less than a dollar when buying the full size! So why not just buy the small jar instead of shelling out $79 in one shot?! It’s also better this way because I know I can finish a small jar before it goes bad!
I recently discovered how well this works for my breakouts. I was hoping it wouldn’t because it’s so expensive. XD I have tried it as an all over mask as well but for me, I’ll just use it as a spot treatment so that it lasts longer.
I redeemed some points items with this order. I spent 100 points on another 24 ml bottle of Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream. Now I have 3! Because when you use this stuff almost every day, you need lots of backups!!
I also redeemed 250 points for two Farmacy deluxe samples. I got the Sleep Tight Firming Night Balm and the Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask. I’ve been wanting to try more of their products!
And of course, what is a Sephora order without the free samples?! I used the code PEACHYPINK to receive this beautiful Nars Lipstick in the shade Orgasm. It’s such a gorgeous colour! It’s a peachy pink with shimmer.
I also got free foil samples of the Algenist POWER Advanced Wrinkle Fighter 360° Eye Serum, Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation, and what was supposed to be the GlamGlow PowerMud DualCleanse Treatment but they sent the SuperMud instead.
That’s it for my June haul! Like I said, stay tuned for my July haul!!